January saw all the horses come back into work, they all enjoyed their winter holidays and look amazing. It also saw the arrival of some new face for the new season ahead. Our team of two year old’s so far..
2 YEAR OLD’S
- KINGS CROWN by Starspangledbanner Out of Textured. Hes a lovely chunky gelding with a great attitude to work
- SUPER SPY by Gustav Climt Out of Ugo Fire. He is a lovely gelding fro ma first season sire so we are very excited to see what he can produce
- HIPTOGETTHETRIP by Tasleet Out of Point Perfect. An other first season stallion progeny this lad looks to have a bit of scope and a nice frame to filly
- MUSICAL GIFT by Mendelssohn Out of Excelente. Winnie is a lovely filly with great character, she too is also by a first season stallion.
- MASCAPONE by Massaat Out of Capelita. Hes a fine big horse with great big stride : he too is from the first crop of his sire.
- Filly by Brazen Beau Out of Ingleby Exceed is a big strong filly.
- Chestnut Filly by Pearl Secret Out of Voom Voom. As sassy flashy chestnut filly who moves very well.
Mo Celita has started back in full work and we are really looking forward to seeing how the season unfolds. Helping us get the team in shape this winter Barry McHugh and Connor Murtagh both come in regularly to ride out. They are major assist to our team with them riding out daily they know the horses which is an advantage at the races. Its not just all about the jockeys coming in we are a very small operation so every-one involved plays a key role. New for the season ahead Pepper Streak, Kingston Star,Twice Adaay to name a few and and then the boys from last year Abate, Tees Spirit, Thornaby Pearl
Adrian(Trotter) is a very hands on trainer he lunges the horses, rides out/work, gallop man, mucks out, talks to all owners, race plans for all the horses, takes the horses racing
Clare mucks out, rides out, any admin, horse care and chats to owners – goes racing when needed but I prefer to stay home and keep the ship sailing – basically a bit of everything
Sarah mucks out, rides out, cares for the horses and goes racing when ever she can
Lesley mucks out, cares for the horses, turning in and turning out and also goes racing when ever she can
Barry McHugh Is our stable jockey he has a wealth of experience and gives great feedback after each race.
Jack Nicholls and Ruby Barr when they are not at school both ride out muck out and this year hopefully they will get to go racing a bit as they both turn 16
Sue and Ben Beasley are our super subs they come whenever so extra help is needed also Sue loves to go racing when she can
Harriet Dukes is new to the weekend team on a Saturday she can throw her hand to anything
Lucy Barr is an other super sub who steps in when we need help either on the yard or going racing
Between us all each horse is treated as an individual and get’s treated like we own them personally.